The NEPC Business Services Team provides operational and corporate support to NEPC. It is part of the Australian Government Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water.
The head of the Business Services Team is the NEPC Executive Officer. This is an independent statutory position established under the Act.
The NEPC Business Support Team's functions include:
- administering NEPC legislation
- managing NEPC Act legal advice
- managing the NEPM legislative instrument process
- overseeing NEPM reporting
- managing the Special Account including jurisdictional revenue contributions and expenditure
- financial reporting (including estimates, accounting and Executive Officer)
- coordinating the NEPC meeting papers process with EMM secretariat including the decision register
- ensuring the independence of the NEPC Executive Officer
- managing the legacy work programme of the former Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Standing Council on Environment and Water
- jurisdictional and line area relationship and expectations management
- procurement and grant management, including processing, approvals and stakeholder liaison
- Govdex (MinCo papers) site management
- managing the NEPC website including inbox (jurisdictional contact forum) and membership and contact details.