The ASC NEPM Toolbox provides guidance documents and calculators to assist in implementing the ASC NEPM.
Key Principles for Remediation & Management of Contaminated Sites (PDF - 98.12 KB)
Hils spreadsheet (XLSX - 203.3 KB)
Guidance Note on lead (supplementary information to Schedule B7 section 5.4) (PDF - 438.23 KB) - February 2014
HSLs for petroleum hydrocarbons
- The suite of HSL documents are available from https://www.crccare.com/products-and-services/health-screening-levels
- In relation to the analysis and interpretation of TPH/TRH vapour data collected from contaminated sites an additional guidance note has been prepared to clarify two issues that will assist in ensuring that vapour data collected is sufficiently robust and comparable between laboratories.
ESLs for petroleum hydrocarbons
- Review of the Appropriateness of Selected Canadian Soil Quality Guidelines for incorporation into ASC NEPM (PDF - 396.74 KB) - Corrected version for benzo(a)pyrene added 30 July 2013
- Review of the Appropriateness of Selected Canadian Soil Quality Guidelines for incorporation into ASC NEPM (DOCX - 111.64 KB) - Corrected version for benzo(a)pyrene added 30 July 2013
- Review of the Appropriateness of Selected Canadian Soil Quality Guidelines for incorporation into ASC NEPM (PDF - 122.04 KB) - 3 November 2010
- Review of the appropriateness of the Canadian Petroleum Hydrocarbon CWS in Soil for incorporation into SDC NEPM (PDF - 102.92 KB) - 3 November 2010
- Ecological investigation levels - Interactive (Excel) Calculation Spreadsheet (XLS - 212 KB) - December 2010
- Geochemical indices allow estimation of heavy metal background concentrations in soils (Hamon et al, 2004). Purchase from: www.agu.org/journals/ABS/2004/2003GB002063.shtml
- Trace Elements Concentrations in Soils from Rural and Urban Areas of Australia (SA Health)
- Australian Guidelines for Fresh and Marine Water Quality (ANZECC & ARMCANZ)
- Australian Drinking Water Guidelines (2011)
- Guidelines for Managing Risks in Recreational Water (NHMRC, 2008)
- Guidelines for the Management of Asbestos in the Non-Occupational Environment (enHealth, 2005)
- WA Heath Department publications including the Guidelines for the Assessment, Remediation and Management of Asbestos Contaminated Sites in Western Australia (2009).
- ASC NEPM Field Checklist (XLS - 879.5 KB) - November 2010